Shelter and Crisis Services
Outreach and Education
Ruby’s Place Program
Ruby’s Place is a multi-population program serving women, men, transgender people and accompanied minors who have experienced domestic violence, human trafficking or both. Ruby’s Place does not charge for ANY services or request benefits as payment.
24-HOUR CRISIS HOTLINE someone is available 24 hours per day to talk to you.
Call (888) 339-SAFE if you need shelter or services
Ruby’s Place has two shelters, our shelter for women and children who have experienced domestic violence or human trafficking is located in Hayward. Our shelter for adult men who have experienced human trafficking is located in Oakland. You have access to the following services during your stay:
Case Management Services:
- Peer Counseling
- Case Planning
- Employment Assistance
- Educational Counseling and Assistance in Enrollment
- Budget and Finance Counseling
- Housing Search and Application Assistance
- Housing Follow-up and Placement Assistance
- Referrals and Application Assistance to Linkages Transitional Housing when Applicable
- Court Accommodation
- Restraining Order Services
- Cal Works, GA, WIC, Food Stamp and other Social Service Assistance and Advocacy
- Immigration Support and Counseling
- Psychiatric Referrals
- Mental Health Counseling and Therapy
- Life skills Counseling
- Parenting Education and Counseling
- Domestic Violence Counseling, Support, and Human Trafficking
- Victims of Crime advocacy and application assistance.
- Family therapy
- Infant-parent psychotherapy
- Aftercare mental health services including home visits
Children’s Program Services:
- Children’s Individual Group Therapy and Educational Play
- Tutoring Program
- Parent and child bonding activities and field trips.
- Parent guidance and discipline techniques.
- Advocacy for educational and developmental delayed services.
Other In-Shelter Services:
- Perishable and Non-Perishable Food: Basic food items are provided on a daily basis to make meals for each family, kitchen is available daily.
- Weekly one on one counseling and group counseling for monolingual Spanish speaking clients.
- Laundry facilities.
- Playground for children.
- Entertainment and children’s games, arts & crafts, books, for children.
- Kitchen, dining room and stocked pantry open daily- free of charge
- Clothing closet for shelter clients, families and individuals’ clothes, shoes and undergarments- free of charge.
- Resource center with computer and internet access.
- Access to a phone for local calls and longer distance when it pertains to housing, job search, or social services.
Ruby’s Place has transitional housing and rapid rehousing for those experiencing domestic violence and human trafficking. Our transitional housing beds are located on the same property as our shelter and all shelter services are offered to transitional housing clients. Typical stay in our transitional housing program is two years. You do not need to be staying in our shelter to enter this program. If you are interested in applying to our transitional housing program please contact our intake line at 888-339-7233. Please note this program has a limited number of spots.
Our rapid rehousing program is a program that places individuals and families into privately owned scattered site housing where the client is the lease holder and Ruby’s Place may subsidize a portion of the rent for an authorized amount of time. You do not need to be staying in our shelter first to enter this program. If you are interested in applying to our rapid rehousing program please contact our intake line at 888-339-7233. Please note this program has a limited number of spots.
Outreach and Education:
Ruby’s Place has an outreach team dedicated to providing case management, advocacy, navigation and support to those affected by domestic violence or human trafficking who may not be interested in or need our shelter services. This program also provides education outreach to the community and service providers on various domestic violence and human trafficking topics. We hold an annual 40-hour domestic violence counselor training. Please visit our Events and Highlights page for more information. If you would like more information on outreach or education services please contact our intake line at 888-339-7233.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEEDS SHELTER OR INFORMATION,
PLEASE CALL OUR 24-HOUR HOTLINE
(888) 339-SAFE (7233)
(510) 303-9953 Para Español